As summer approaches, it’s essential to prepare your child for camp so they can have a fun and memorable experience. Here are a few tips for what you’ll need to pack for Adventures on the Hill—and what to leave at home.
Please label ALL ITEMS with your child’s full name.
Make sure your child is prepared for camp fun with the following items:
- Lunch (every day): We recommend packing lunch in an insulated lunch bag with your child’s name on it.
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) with a completed Medication Authorization Form.
- Bug repellent with completed Medication Authorization Form.
- Sun Hat
- Cool Clothing & Sneakers
- Water Bottle
- Bathing Suit or Swim Trunks, Swim Shoes, and Towel for water play
- An extra change of clothes
Please note: We are a nut-free facility for the health and safety of all children in our care.
Please do not pack or bring any foods containing peanuts, peanut butter, tree nuts, any other nuts, nut butter, almond milk, or nut milk.
Alternatives such as sun butter, soy, coconut, or hemp milk are permitted.
Remember to apply sunscreen to your child daily. While staff members can apply sunscreen, they can only do so if the medication form has been completed.
Backpacks are permitted at camp, but we advise against sending anything valuable with your child.
Please label everything clearly with your child’s name, as Adventures on The Hill and its staff are not responsible for lost or damaged property.
While we want your child to have a great time, certain items should be left at home. Items that are prohibited at camp include:
- Electronics, including CELL PHONES
- iPods/MP3 players
- Video games (Gameboy/DS/DSi)
- Knives or any weapon
- Toy guns
Please note that cell phones are not allowed at camp, but the camp director can always be contacted via telephone if parents need to reach their child or camp staff.
We take your child’s safety seriously at Adventures on the Hill. If your child requires medication while at camp, a Medication Authorization form must be completed by their physician and submitted before medication can be administered. Forms are available in your online account.
Please provide us with all necessary medical information before the start of camp, so we can give your child the proper care they need. If you have any questions about medication or medical forms, please reach out to our staff.
- There will be a fun theme for campers each week, and activities throughout the week will tie in with the theme.
- Upload all required forms by the Friday before camp starts.
- Upload your child’s photos into your account.
- Receive notifications for field trips and other important info via email, text, and phone.
- Bring a lunch and drink bottle daily; label all items with your child’s name.
- No nut products or foods that are choking hazards are allowed.
Being organized and prepared for your camp experience is key to having a successful and enjoyable experience at Adventures on The Hill! By planning ahead, packing the necessary items, and following the guidelines, you can help make sure your child is safe and ready for a summer of fun! So gather your supplies, double check you have everything on the list, and get ready for a summer of adventure.Good luck and have a great time at camp!